Tuesday, March 30, 2021

List Series: Unsolved Mysteries with Haunting Social Media Posts

As explained in the 'Cases with a Social Media Trail' list, it is not terribly uncommon for both victims and criminals involved in serious crimes to have social media accounts. Many victims who were active on social media made posts right up until the time of their disappearance or murder. Below is a list of 7 such unsolved cases involving victims who posted on social media right before their disappearance or death. These posts have become talking points in these cases, as they all provide insight into the victim's state of mind and actions prior to their disappearance or murder. All of these cases remain unsolved today.

The Disappearance of Cory Schroeder

Cory Schroeder vanished in Benton, Arkansas on May 21st, 2019. He disappeared just one day before his 45th birthday. Before Cory vanished, he posted "Going to be leaving Facebook in a few days.. Going on a new adventure," on his Facebook page. It's unclear what he was referencing in this post, and he has not been active on Facebook again.  Cory went missing the following day. 

News reports state that Cory vanished after a friend dropped him off at the Avilla grocery store in Benton. He was reportedly wearing a grey hooded sweatshirt and carrying a red and black backpack at the time. Most news reports about Cory's disappearance say that he was never seen or heard from again after that, and very few other details are provided. Cory is described as 6'8" tall and approximately 235 pounds. Many have questioned how someone of his size can simply vanish without a trace. Cory's loved ones believe that someone in Benton community knows what happened, and they are hoping someone will come forward soon. [read more]

 The Disappearance of Lelia Faulkner
(click to enlarge text)

Lelia Faulkner vanished at the age of 29 on July 4th, 2016Two days before her disappearance, Lelia broke up with her live-in boyfriend Blane Gralheer and then moved back in with her parents at their Troy, Alabama home. On the day Lelia vanished, she made a shocking allegation against Blane. She posted an update on her Facebook page stating that Blane is gay and left her for a man. Shortly after making this post, Lelia left her young daughter with her parents so she could attend a 4th of July party. Lelia never returned home and has never been seen or heard from again.

Once police began investigating Lelia's disappearance, they inevitably questioned Blane. Blane denied involvement in her disappearance, and also denied the allegations made in her Facebook post. Investigators asked Blane to take a polygraph exam, which he reportedly failed. He also refused to take a subsequent polygraph exam. Despite all of this, Blane has not been formally labeled as a suspect--though he is considered a person of interest.

Lelia remains missing today. [read more]

The Murder of Gabrielle Bledsoe

Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Bledsoe was only 16 years-old when she was brutally murdered inside her family’s home in Tulsa, Oklahoma in March 2013. Gabby’s mother Lacrecia Bledsoe last saw Gabby alive on March 1st, 2013. It was a Friday evening, and Lacrecia decided to spend the night at a friend’s house. Gabby was left home alone. Gabby tweeted about this around 7:45 PM that evening, stating "Have the house to myself everybody gone." At some point later that evening, At some point throughout that night, a person entered Gabby’s home and violently stabbed her to death. Gabby’s mother Lacrecia found her body the following morning. 

Gabby's Twitter page is public, so it's possible that whoever killed her saw her tweet about being home alone that night. Since her death, there has only been one named person of interest in the case: a man named James Barber. Barber also happens to be an ex-boyfriend of Gabby's mother. He was arrested a few weeks after Gabby's murder on unrelated charges, but continues to deny involvement in Gabby's case. To this day, no arrests have been made for Gabby's murder, and the case remains unsolved today. [read more]

The Disappearance of Melissa Bohm

Melissa Bohm has reportedly been missing since February 2018. The 38 year-old woman last spoke to her family members on November 24th, 2017--but she continued to be active on Facebook up until February 9th, 2018. Melissa's final Facebook post occurred at 7:11pm that evening. The post included a picture of her dog, Lola, and an announcement that she had been approved for an apartment. After this post, Melissa seemingly vanished and has never been seen or heard from again.

At first glance, nothing appears to be suspicious about Melissa's Facebook post. It is believed that she was referencing an apartment that she applied for in Seattle, Washington. However, there does not appear to be any record of Melissa moving into any apartment after that post was made. A few weeks later, a man claiming to be Melissa's ex-boyfriend commented. The man wrote, "I miss you biskets please hit me up I live in tacoma off 66th and ferdinand I would love to see you." Just minutes later, he wrote another comment, stating, "I hope everything is going good for you and you found yourself again. I've never stopped loving you and am here for you if you need me. I opened my tile business again and things are lookin up. Give Lola a hug and kiss from her dad and please get a hold of me i miss love you two very much." 

When a person replied to question if the ex was still seeing Melissa, he replied, "No she yold (sic) everyone we broke up when I was in jail and she lost everything I owned including my car and I just came to realize she didnt love me at all. She just used me." Months later, Melissa's sister commented on the post as well, asking the ex-boyfriend to get in touch with her. It's unclear if Melissa's family members ever got ahold of him, and Melissa remains missing today. No persons of interest or suspects have been named in the case. [read more]

The Disappearance of Shacaiah 'Blue' Harding

Shacaiah 'Blue' Harding was last seen on the afternoon of July 23rd, 2018. The 19 year-old was walking along Buena Vista Road in Billings, Montana at the time. The following day, Blue posted a series of Facebook posts expressing that she was upset about a failed relationship, amongst other things in her life. She posted her final post shortly before midnight, which reads, "All depressing but I'm typing it like it's everything but.. relying on feelings suck." All of Blue's social media activity ceased after that, and she has never been seen or heard from again.

In the months leading up to Blue's disappearance, she was reportedly living on the streets of Billings. Her loved ones state that she was behaving 'erratically' in the months and weeks before she vanished, however she always kept in touch with her family. Finally, on August 20th, 2018, Blue's mother reported her missing after not being able to contact her for almost a month. 

Unfortunately, it appears that Blue's case has gone cold as there has been very little information about the investigation into disappearance. It's unclear what happened to Blue after she made that final Facebook post--but the posts indicate that she was in distress before she vanished. She remains missing today. 

The Murder of Jonah Golden
(source: news4jax.com)

Jonah Golden was only 19 years-old when he was shot to death during the early morning hours of April 23rd, 2016. Jonah lived in Jacksonville, Florida, and on the evening of April 22nd, he attended a party at a home in Ortega Farms. Just hours before he went to the party, Jonah posted an ominous message on Facebook, stating: "If today my last day Jus Make Sure I Come Home to You Lord." While it's not believed that Jonah knew that violence would erupt at the party that night, the Facebook post suggests he had a premonition that something bad was going to happen.

The men throwing the party stated that the event got out-of-hand when the crowd got too large.  They eventually tried to break up the party themselves but were unable to gain control of the situation. Fights began to break out, and around 2:30am, shots began firing. Jonah ended up being shot and killed in the front yard. Another 18 year-old male was shot as well, but survived the injuries. The police were called again, but the shooter(s) fled the scene before the officers arrived.

Despite the numerous witnesses, the shooter remains unidentified. Jonah's murder remains unsolved. [read more]

The Murder of Hannah Truelove

Sixteen year-old Hannah Truelove tweeted "I need to move out of these dang apartments.."  on the evening of August 22nd, 2012. Mere days later, Hannah was found murdered in the woods of the apartment complex she was referencing in her tweet. 

Said apartments are called the Lake Lanier Club Apartments—a gated complex located in Gainesville, Georgia. During August 2012, Hannah lived in the complex with her mother. The day after Hannah posted that tweet, she was seen hanging out with some of her fellow teenage friends who lived in the same complex. Hannah was last seen sitting at the neighborhood picnic tables with her friends around 7:30pm. She never returned home as planned. By 10pm, after her mother was unable to locate or contact her, Hannah was reported missing.

Around 24 hours later, a man taking a walk through the woods near the apartment complex spotted Hannah’s body buried under leaves. She had been brutally stabbed multiple times. The case was immediately shifted to a homicide investigation. The case appeared to be very active in the first few years following her death, however years have passed without any updates. No suspects or persons of interest have been publicly announced.

The tweet that Hannah posted on August 22nd, 2012 is now seen as a chilling message. Due to the fact that her body was found in close proximity to the apartment complex, it leads to speculation that Hannah was killed by another resident there. This has never been confirmed, but it has lead many to question: would Hannah still be alive if she had, in fact, moved out of the apartment complex before August 23rd, 2012? [read more]

No comments:

Post a Comment