Friday, January 15, 2021

Fundraiser Friday: Jan. 15, 2021

This week's Fundraiser Friday features two cases of missing young women. Both women vanished from small towns under suspicious circumstances. Please share these women's stories and consider donating!

Cynthia Orsborn

Cynthia Orsborn vanished at the age of 23 on June 14th, 2017. The young mother of two was last seen at a house in Calvin, Louisiana that she had rented with her older boyfriend, Jack “JD” Noble. Cynthia and JD had a tumultuous relationship. JD has a criminal history of violence against both Cynthia and previous girlfriends as well. In fact, when JD and Cynthia moved in together, Cynthia actually had a restraining order out against him. JD told Cynthia’s family members that on the day she went missing, Cynthia got into a car with an unidentified driver and simply rode off. She has never been seen or heard from again.

Both authorities and Cynthia’s family members have doubted JD’s story from the beginning. Still, JD has never been charged with anything related to Cynthia’s disappearance—but he remains the only person of interest to this day. Cynthia's family members are hoping to raise money to hire a private investigator to help locate Cynthia and bring her case to justice. [fundraiser link] [full case write-up]

Keeslyn Roberts

Keeslyn Roberts has been missing since January 18th, 2020. The 20 year-old woman was last seen at a Flying J truck stop in Resaca, Georgia. When Keeslyn arrived at the Flying J that day, she told people at the truck stop that she was there to see someone. Employees at the Flying J ended up calling 911 after Keeslyn reportedly entered an employee-only kitchen area and got into an altercation. She fled the scene before the police arrived, however her cash, debit cards, identification, and phone charger were left behind. At this time it is unclear how Keeslyn left the truck stop, as her vehicle was left behind as well.

A probation violation warrant was issued for Keeslyn the day before she vanished. It is possible that she fled from the Flying J on the day of her disappearance to avoid being apprehended by police, but this has not been verified. Police have reportedly interviewed those closest to Keeslyn, including her boyfriend and the person she was planning to see at the Flying J that day—but so far nobody has been identified as a suspect or person of interest. Keeslyn's father is hoping to raise money to increase the reward in Keeslyn's case. [fundraiser link] [full case write-up]

No comments:

Post a Comment