Friday, April 9, 2021

Fundraiser Friday: April 9th, 2021

This week's Fundraiser Friday features cases of two women who vanished under suspicious circumstances. Both women are mothers who are unlikely to leave their children behind voluntarily. The families of both women are raising money to pay for private investigators. Please share their stories and consider donating.

Graciela Garcia

Graciela Garcia has been missing since November 2019. The 49 year-old woman was last seen in Hermiston, Oregon. On the evening of November 8th, 2019, Graciela had dinner plans with her 14 year-old son, who was staying at his father's home. Graciela's son was surprised when his stepfather--Graciela's husband--showed up with food instead. Graciela's husband explained that she had already gone to bed. Graciela was never seen or heard from again.

It's uncharacteristic of Graciela to drop out of sight. She was sharing custody of her teenage son with her ex-husband. Her daughters are now grown, but she regularly kept in touch with them as well. Graciela's daughter reported her missing on November 11th, 2019. So far, no persons of interest or suspects have been named. Graciela's family is raising money for a private investigator, and her daughter is also selling items on Etsy to raise money as well. [fundraiser link] [Etsy link] [more info on this case]

Crystal Fry

Crystal Fry has been missing since late 2020. Before vanishing, the 31 year-old young mother was living in Baltimore, Maryland with her boyfriend/father of her two youngest children. Crystal's family members have not heard from her since November 11th, 2020. 

That day, Crystal called her mother, Teresa Silverman, and told her that the previous three days had been the worst of her life. She explained that somebody had broken into her home by kicking in the front door, so she was staying with the father of her oldest child until it could be fixed. Crystal also told Teresa that she was scared for her life. The two then made plans to meet up the following day so they could talk more about the break-in. Crystal never showed up as planned, and her family has not heard from her again. 

There have been very few updates on Crystal's case, but her mother has hired a private investigator. The family is raising money to continue to pay for the investigation. [fundraiser link] [more info on this case]

No comments:

Post a Comment