Friday, February 5, 2021

The Disappearance of David Emerson Jr.

David Emerson Jr. vanished at the age of 36 during January 2015. He lived in Snyder, Texas at the time of his disappearance. On February 18th, 2015, after weeks had passed without any contact from him, David's mother went to his residence to check on her son. His mother's fears intensified once she arrived and was told that he had not been there in weeks. David's mother reported him missing shortly thereafter. 

David's roommates reportedly told his mother that he had moved to Lubbock - located approximately 85 miles away from Snyder. However, investigators were unable to track him down in Lubbock and there have been no other sightings of him anywhere else. The FBI eventually joined the search for David, and their report on his case states that tips they received about him being in Lubbock were "unfounded."

Investigators believe that foul play is responsible for David's disappearance. Other than that, there are not many details available about David's life in the days/weeks leading up to the day he went missing. In fact, there are quite a few discrepancies about the date he actually vanished. Some reports state that he was last seen on December 24th, 2014, and others state he was actually last seen on New Year's Day - January 1st, 2015. The most common reporting is that he was last seen on January 10th, 2015.  

It's unclear what caused these discrepancies. It's possible that David's family members had not heard from him since December 24th but learned that his last confirmed whereabouts were on January 10th. Still, even the reporting about him being last seen on January 10th is somewhat inconsistent. 

Some reports say he was last seen between the hours of 12:00 AM and 4:00 AM, while other reports say he was seen at 11:00 PM. Investigators are continuing to seek witnesses who might have a clearer timeline on the events leading up to David's disappearance. 

Over two years after David vanished, in 2017, his family and friends were notified that someone had logged onto his Facebook page and accessed Facebook messenger. However, no messages were sent from his account, nor were any posts made. Police reportedly investigated this Facebook activity but have not revealed if any relevant evidence was found. 

David remains missing today. If you have any information that could lead to his whereabouts, please go here to submit an anonymous tip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment