Wednesday, January 20, 2021

List Series: Unsolved Party Mysteries Vol. II

 A second list of unsolved mysteries that began with a party. Whether it's a disappearance with a missing person last seen or a party, or a murder than occurred at a party--each of these unsolved mysteries occurred around a large gathering of people. 

Read the original list.

The Disappearance of Ashley Summers

Ashley Summers was only 14 years-old when she vanished on July 6th, 2007. She was last seen at a pool party at her great uncle's residence on the west side of Cleveland, Ohio. Ashley had been staying with her other uncle, Kevin, before her disappearance. On the day of the pool party, she walked two miles from Kevin's house to her great uncle's house. According to relatives who saw her there, Ashley stayed at the party for about 3 or 4 hours before she left to walk to her aunt Christina’s house, who lived just a few blocks away. She never arrived and has not been seen since leaving that party.

Throughout the years, there have been numerous theories about what might have happened to Ashley. She was reportedly at odds with her mother and other family members prior to her disappearance--so it was originally theorized that she ran away. Ashley vanished very close to West Lorain Avenue–the same street from where Amanda Berry disappeared in 2003, and Gina DeJesus in 2004. When those two girls, along with Michelle Knight, were eventually rescued from Ariel Castro’s home on Seymour Avenue in 2013, there was speculation that Castro may have been involved in Ashley’s disappearance as well. However, while investigating Castro’s case, investigators were ultimately unable to find evidence of any other victims. 

Ashley's case has since gone cold, and her disappearance remains unsolved today. [read more]

The Disappearance & Death of Ethan Kazmerzak

Ethan Kazmerzak was only 22 years old when he vanished during the early morning hours of September 15th, 2013. He was last seen in Hampton, Iowa. Before vanishing, Ethan was at a party at a gravel pit pond located behind a house on 190th Street. Around 12:15am, Ethan called his mother and told her that he was on his way home. He never made it there, and was never seen or heard from again. Ethan's vehicle vanished with him, which lead to theories that Ethan might have driven his car into a body of water located in the rural area near the party. A pond near Olive Avenue was searched numerous times, but nothing was found. By 2019, investigators had separated from the theory that Ethan had driven into water. 

A little over a year later, scuba diver and YouTuber Jason Leisek went diving into the pond near Olive Avenue--where searches for Ethan had previously taken place. During his dive, Leisek spotted a vehicle. The car was located about 90 feet from the edge of the water, and only approximately 8 feet from the pond's surface. Once the car was removed from the water, investigators discovered human remains inside. Police later announced that those remains were that of Ethan Kazmerzak.

It's unclear why the vehicle was not spotted during the professional investigative searches that occurred years earlier. The car was found relatively close to the pond's surface and was reportedly very easy for Leisek to spot. Due to this, some have theorized that the vehicle somehow entered the pond at some point after those 2013 searches were conducted. This has not been confirmed and the investigation is still ongoing. [read more]

The Disappearance of Alexis Scott

Alexis Scott vanished after going to a party during the early morning hours of September 22nd, 2017. The 20 year-old woman lived in Peoria, Illinois at the time of her disappearance. Alexis spent the evening of September 21st out with her friends. As the evening poured into the following morning, Alexis was invited to an afterparty on Richmond Avenue. A cab driver dropped Alexis off at the house shortly after 5am.The cab driver later told police that a man greeted Alexis at the cab’s door and paid her fare. This is apparently the last official confirmed sighting of her. According to her missing poster, “there is no conclusive evidence that she ever left the residence, but [she] hasn’t been seen since.” 

After the news of Alexis’ disappearance began to circulate, it was revealed that Alexis had survived a kidnapping just three weeks earlier after a trip to Las Vegas. Alexis, along with two males and one other female, had taken the trip to Vegas in late August with hopes of making some extra money working as go-go dancers after the Floyd Mayweather fight. According to Alexis’ mother,  from there Alexis was kidnapped, drugged, then transported to Sacramento, California and entered into a sex trafficking ring. She managed to escape, partially naked and beaten, by running into the street and flagging down a woman who let Alexis borrow her phone. Alexis then called her mother, who sent her a bus ticket back to Illinois.

It was later revealed that the man who owns the house where Alexis attended the party on Richmond Avenue is affiliated with the men behind Alexis’ kidnapping in Vegas. This was obviously unknown to Alexis. The details of this affiliation have not been publicly revealed, and Alexis remains missing today. [read more]

The Disappearance & Death of Todd Geib

Todd Geib vanished in the midst of a keg party and bonfire in Casnovia, Michigan during the early morning hours of June 12th, 2005. The 22 year-old was amongst approximately 100 partygoers that evening.  Todd called a friend at 12:47am and said that he “had enough” of the party and was going to walk home. At 12:51, he called his sister but only said “I’m in a field”  before the phone call cut off. Todd’s sister called him back, but only heard what she thought was the sound of wind or heavy breathing before the call cut off again. Todd’s phone was used twice over the next few minutes in attempt to call his sister back. The last attempt was at 12:57am. Todd was never heard from again after that.

Three weeks later, on July 2nd, 2005, Todd’s body was found in Ovidhall Lake, a remote area near the party site. The couple that found him stated that they found his body standing upright in the water; they distinctly remember it because “his head and shoulders were sticking out of the water.” An autopsy determined that Todd had a .12 blood alcohol content at the time of his death. His cause of death was determined to be drowning, however the manner of death was undetermined. After these findings were made public, the Michigan State Police closed Todd’s case.

Four years later, in 2009, the CEO of Forensic Identification and Profiling Laboratory, Dr. Michael Sikirica, reviewed Todd’s autopsy report and recovery photos. Based on his findings, Dr. Sikirica concluded that Todd, who was missing for three weeks, had only been dead for 2-5 days before he was found. It was also concluded that Todd did not have any water in his lungs—which means he did not die by drowning. These findings were shared with a plethora of investigate professionals from across the world, and all of the professionals agreed with Dr. Sikirica’s conclusion. Despite this, the Michigan State Police have still refused to re-open Todd’s case. His parents firmly believe he was murdered and hope to one day receive justice. [read more]

The Murder of Jonah Golden

Jonah Golden was only 19 years-old when he was shot to death during the early morning hours of April 23rd, 2016. Jonah lived in Jacksonville, Florida, and on the evening of April 22nd, he attended a party at a home in Ortega Farms. The men throwing the party stated that the event got out-of-hand when the crowd got too large.  They eventually tried to break up the party themselves but were unable to gain control of the situation. Fights began to break out, and around 2:30am, shots began firing. Jonah ended up being shot and killed in the front yard. Another 18 year-old male was shot as well, but survived the injuries. The police were called again, but the shooter(s) fled the scene before the officers arrived.

Despite the numerous witnesses, the shooter remains unidentified. Jonah's murder remains unsolved. [read more]

No comments:

Post a Comment