Monday, March 21, 2022

The Disappearance of Wojciech Fudali

Wojciech Fudali vanished at the age of 22 on December 6th, 2008. Wojciech was born in Poland, but his family moved to the United States when he was young. He grew up in Massachusetts but was living in Rhode Island at the time of his disappearance. Months before he went missing, Wojciech graduated from University of Rhode Island with a degree in international business.

Wojciech decided to stay in Rhode Island after graduating. He lived with friends in an apartment in Newport. According to said friends, Wojciech began behaving strangely in the days leading up to his disappearance. He had been prescribed anti-anxiety medicine but had stopped taking the pills. 

Wojciech’s roommates also said that he had become very interested in religion and nature before his disappearance. He began reading the Bible frequently and he would also often leave the home under-dressed for the weather. About a week before his disappearance, Newport police were called after Wojciech was spotted walking along Cliff Walk with a Bible in his hand.

The officers that responded found him wearing pajamas but no shoes. However, the officers ultimately determined that Wojciech seemed fine. As such they did not direct him to a hospital or a doctor of any sort.

On the evening of December 5th, 2008, Wojciech attended a party at a friend’s home in Narragansett. He ended up staying the night at the residence. Around 5:00 AM, other partygoers were awakened by Wojciech hitting himself with the pole from a bedframe and repeatedly saying “trust me”. Wojciech’s friends attempted to calm him down and eventually went back to sleep.

When his friends woke up hours later, Wojciech was gone. The clothing he was wearing was folded neatly on the floor. His personal items, including his car keys, cell phone, debit card, and cash were all left behind. Wojciech’s friends initially thought he went for a walk and would be back soon. When he did not return by 1:30 PM, Wojciech’s friends called police.

After Wojciech was reported missing, investigators learned that he had been spotted twice after leaving his friend’s house. Around 8:30 AM that morning, neighbors saw a man matching Wojciech’s description sitting naked at a dock. Then, around 10:30 AM, a different witness saw Wojciech running naked near Galilee Bird Sanctuary. This is the last confirmed sighting of Wojciech, and he has never been seen or heard from again.

Temperatures were below freezing on the day that Wojciech disappeared. Since he was not properly attired outside, it’s unlikely that he would survive very long. However, investigators were unable to locate Wojciech--dead or alive. He remains missing today.

If you have any information that could help locate Wojciech, please contact the Narragansett Police at 401-789-1091.

No comments:

Post a Comment