Wednesday, September 25, 2019

The Disappearance of Edward 'Ashton' Stubbs

Edward 'Ashton' Stubbs was just five days shy of his 16th birthday when he vanished on June 21st, 2013. Ashton is originally from El Paso, Texas, but during the summer of 2013, he traveled to, Fargo North Dakota to stay with his cousin. Ashton planned to work with his cousin at a construction site  in Dickinson for a summer job. 

On the day of his disappearance, Ashton was at the construction site laying drywall. At some point after lunch time, he walked away from the site and never returned. Ashton has never been seen or heard from again. 

Ashton left behind his wallet, identification and all of his money behind when he left the construction site. However, it is believed that he boarded a bus in Dickinson en route to his cousin's house in Fargo. Ashton's mother believes her son got angry about something on the construction site that caused him to walk away. 

Investigators were unable to find any evidence that Ashton ever returned to Fargo that day, or if he even boarded a bus at all. Once news about his disappearance hit the media, investigators received numerous tips about potential sightings, but none of them panned out. The case has now unfortunately gone cold and Ashton remains missing.

If you have any information that could lead to Ashton's whereabouts, please contact the Dickinson Police Department at 701-456-7759.
UPDATE (9/25/19): In December 2018, a human skull was found on a remote private land in northeastern Dickinson. Months later, in September 2019, the skull was confirmed to be that of Edward 'Ashton' Stubbs. A manner of death has not yet been confirmed and authorities are still investigating his death.

Rest in peace, Ashton.


  1. The dissemination of this information needs to be expanded since the more a person knows about it, the greater the chance that he will be found.

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. My heart goes out to Ashton's family and loved ones. It's devastating that his disappearance ended in such a tragic way. May he rest in peace, and I hope the authorities can provide some closure to his family by determining what happened to him.